What is Baptism and how to register for it:
Baptism is the first sacrament of initiation into the Catholic community in Christ. It is an important sacrament upon which our entire Christian lives are built. Christ comes to your child through the invitation of the parents through the Church in the sacrament which opens them up to life in Christ. They receive the Holy Spirit and become members of the Church.
You may have your child baptized at St. Leo the Great Parish if:
- you live within the parish boundaries of Brooklin OR
- live outside of St. Leo the Great parish boundaries but are a member here by regular Mass attendance and are already known by the parish priest, Fr. Mounir El-Rassi.
- If you belong to another parish, your parish can send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or letter to our office with consent to perform the Sacrament at our parish.
If you qualify for Baptism at St. Leo the Great please do the following:
- download and fill out the separate Baptism Information Kit
- include with your Registration Form your $50 donation in an envelope and marked “Baptism” with your name and phone number on it.
When completed, please either bring it to church with you and give it to a member of our Welcome Committee in the vestibule after Mass or bring it to the parish office (south side of the Church building) or place it in the outdoor mailbox at the office door, or email the completed form to email@example.com.
The 2nd step is to attend a seminar on baptism. Once we have the form you will be booked and informed about your date for baptism. Seminars are conducted once a month on the 2nd Monday of each month at 7pm and you may attend a session before your appointed baptismal date.
If this is your first child or it has been a while since your first child you are required to attend with the godparents the seminar. Parents with multiple children may be excused from attending a seminar.
If you are far away from our parish, you may attend the seminar at your local parish and present to us a letter of fulfillment of this requirement.
Entry to the hall is also from the office side. Baptisms (as booked by the office secretary) are for now conducted approximately every 2nd Sunday at 1pm at the Church. This may change in the future.
If you have questions about any of the above steps or requirements, please call the parish office at 905-655-3286, select option 1. For the priest please use option 8.