St. Leo the Great Parish is beginning the program of preparation for the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation for the year 2021. If you desire for your child to join the preparation for the sacrament, you will need to kindly do/supply the following:
- download and complete the Registration Form – Fillable Registration Form
- prepare to submit a photocopy of your child’s Catholic Baptismal Certificate (please do not submit the original copy – just a photocopy)
- Indicate the name of your child’s Sponsor (the term ‘godparent’ is used on the form, but same thing.)
- Provide the $50. registration donation to the parish.
- Observe the Registration Deadline of, Feb. 10. Sorry, late registrations will not be accepted and your child will have to wait until the following year to enroll in the Confirmation process.
Once you have all of the above completed forms, baptismal certificate and donation, please drop them off at the south side of the church at the office door mailbox, again, no later than Wednesday, February 10.
CONFIRMATION PROGRAM DURING COVID-19
As once again we are not able to gather at the church for Confirmation preparation classes we will continue with the online process using the media platform, FORMED. You can get Formed by going to formed.org and registering under the parish name of St. Leo the Great, Whitby. This platform contains many Catholic movies, documentaries, talks and seasonal programs as well as videos used for our Confirmation program. There is no cost to you for this service though your donation helps the parish to defer the cost.
Our NET Team of seven young adults who are currently working in our parish as youth missionaries will be working with you online to both watch and discuss with you the materials covered in each of the videos.
The classes will take place over a 4-week period for an hour each Wednesday from 7:00 – 8:00 pm.
ATTENDANCE (ONLINE) 4-weekly Confirmation meetings. We also highly recommend that the candidates participate in the weekly EDGE meetings – every Thursday evening 6:30 pm. – 8:30 pm. for grades 6-8.
We will send you full information about preparation once registration is closed. If you should have any questions regarding Confirmation preparation, please email the parish office at firstname.lastname@example.org Please add our email address to your Safe/Trusted Senders in your email so that your emails to you do not end up in your spam or junk folder.
Please note: the first meeting will take place on Zoom on Wednesday, February 17 at 7:00 pm. for those who are registered.